Friday, February 11, 2011

The Night that Belgium Met Clare

I was waiting for my first blackout in Belgium, and it happened last night.  The night started off by going to Vives (basically a house that is full of Americans, Spaniards, Russians, Japanese, Belgians, a girl from the Netherlands).  I was supposed to live in this house and got put in a dorm instead, but whatevs it's like a 2 minute walk away.  So we taught all the foreigners drinking games, like Fuck the Dealer, Circle of Death, and thumper.  Thumper was by far their favorite game.... they couldn't really get the beginning song right so it would go something like this if they were starting:

"WHAT IS THIS GAME???" (instead of what's the name of this game)
"WHAT DO I PLAY??" (instead of why are we playing)

And whenever someone would lose they'd take a shot of whiskey while the Spaniards sang some drinking song.  That marked the start of my demise.

So we head out to the bars, and after several rounds of shots with the foreigners, it is safe to say I'm pretty close to blackout mode.  I try to get discounted beer by going behind the bar and washing the cups. It did not work but I thought it was really fun at the time.  Then weird shit started happening, the bartenders got mad because Ryan kept breaking glasses and a fight broke out between some dude with dreads and a Belgian... I didn't understand.  This is the point where Sarah is no longer present, but Clare sure is. I guess I kept pushing people and would blame it on other people trying to get another fight started. I'm an asshole.  It's around 4:30 and Dillan decides to leave because we were all going to Brussels the next day and had to catch an 8:30 train.  I get really pissed that Dillan wants to leave because then everyone else decides it's a good idea to turn in for the night.  I then proceed to scream in the Olde Market that Dillan is a cunt and everyone should know it.

Surprisingly, everyone BUT Dillan caught the train the next morning.  Brussels was very cool, we went on a sweet tour and saw a lot of old shit.  Since Brussels is only 20 minutes away, I look forward to going on a warmer day and on a day where I get more than 3 hours of sleep from the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment